Author: King, Vanessa Format:
(246mm X 190mm)
64 pages Publisher: AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHIC Published: 08/01/2018 ISBN: 9781925694475 RRP: $19.95 inc GST
Now $14.00 Add to cart
About the author
Table of contents
A cheerful, fun, inspiring, and varied collection of projects for creative, happy and thinking individuals. Includes a mixture of step-by-step projects and shorter activity ideas, each of which relates to one of Action for Happiness's 10 key evidence-based ways to increase happiness and wellbeing.
Vanessa King is a board member at Action for Happiness, expert on positive psychology, and author of Ten Keys to Happier Living (Headline, 2016). She speaks internationally and translates the latest psychological
research into practical action to help individuals, organizations and communities enhance their wellbeing and resilience.
Val Payne is a teacher and education consultant and Peter Harper is a consultant clinical psychologist. Since 2014 they have together devised and rolled-out Action for Happiness’s Keys for Happier Living toolkit for schools.
About the Illustrator:
Celeste Aires is an Argentinian-born illustrator who studied Animation Direction in Buenos Aires with a midcentury modern style that features geometric shapes and bright blocks of colour.
1. Giving – doing things for others
2. Relating – connecting with people
3. Exercising – taking care of your body
4. Awareness – living life mindfully
5. Trying out – keep learning new things
6. Direction – have goals to look forward to
7. Resilience – find ways to bounce back
8. Emotions – look for what’s good
9. Acceptance – be comfortable with who you are
10. Meaning – be part of something bigger